Last week I wrote and shared a deeply personal story. It was a new experience for me because while I've told the story in parts to people, I haven't given it in writing to the entire world. It took it a toll, leaving me to feel heavy and blah over the last couple of days. I say heavy but what I mean is too grounded, too serious, too fearful, too concerned. I don't have a feeling of joy or even contentment. I don't feel brave or playful, I am not light. The weather isn't much help...
I have been interested in the idea of balance since I started doing yoga. Some days in a physical practice balance isn't there and some days it is. Sometimes in yoga I feel awake and sometime I don't. So if I apply this thinking to my life, I suppose that means being heavy is a temporary feeling, and it only has to last as long as I let it. I say let because sometimes it is good to sit in the stillness and figure out what I need, which means, sometimes it isn't.
It seems sometimes is a reoccurring theme here, so here is a list of things I do to find light, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, it's worth a try either way.
- make homemade food - try a new soup!
- watch something light-hearted - chick-flick anyone?
- take a bath - try using essential oils.
- go for a walk - bundle up, it's cold!
- sit outside - breath fresh air
- have a personal dance party - hint, no one is watching...
- do a face-mask - try this one
- stay off social media - for an hour or maybe a week.
- challenge myself to a push-up competition - you will win!
- go to yoga - or do it at home.
- clean or organize something - we like this process
I have tried all of these in the last three days. I don't really know which ones worked and which ones didn't. I do know that today when it was foggy and I went for a walk, I felt joy, I felt light.